Wednesday 29 May 2013

Evaluation of Negotiated Project

After completing the album artwork I felt it was time to stand back and reflect on the work I have done. First of all I feel that I have completed the project in good time and very effieciantly, as a result this has pleased the client and they have been able to start selling the album at there gigs and festivals across the country; The cost of the album production has already been paid for just in the pre-orders. My skills on Adobe Photoshop have also improved as I have been designing the album with the use of alot of photograpghy therefore my image retouching skills have had to improve. Furthermore I have gained understanding of producing artwork for print, somthing that I have only done when it has invoved 2D work such as posters and flyers. Overall I am very happy with the look of the album artwork, I feel that the artwork appropriately represents the band and the image that that are going for. The band is also very happy with work I have done.

However there are some things with this project that I felt I could have done better, the first of which would be the time managemet. Because of the availability of some of the people involved I sometimes had to work on the project late at night as it was the only time I could meet with people due to other commitments. This sometimes reflected in the pace the work progressed. Although I completed the task reasonably quickly I feel that given better time managment I could have done everything much quicker. Also doing more research into design soloutions for album artwork would have also be helpful as I did spend sometime quessing and using my limited experiance with designing for print, as a result I did make alot of mistakes that could have been avoided. Time rectifying these mistakes was wasted as a result.

No comments:

Post a Comment