Wednesday 1 May 2013

Been awhile...

Its been awhile since my last post on here and alot has happened since then. I have become a much more accomplished grapghic designer as a result getting the chance to design some very interesting and high profile artifacts, for example im currently wotking on the new Ferocious Dog album artwork. Also my work as a production manger and instrument technician with Ferocious Dog has gotten much more important. in the last 8 months the band has gone from strenght the strengeth getting more and more press coverage as well as more high profile shows such as playing at Rock City, The Rescue Rooms. The band is also enjoying bookings for Headline slots at some 4000+ people independant festivals including Farmer Phils HareFest. My portfolio of shows Ive worked at with the band is growing by the week adding shows across 3 continents around the world. It is a job I feel very strongly about putting my all into as the rewards could potentially be massive. (and i guess its a little more interesting than your standard 9 - 5 job)



Ferocious Dog at Rock City

Away from my production duties I do all of the bands grapghic work, with the album currently being designed i also have to make gig posters, flyers, logo designs, aswell as magazine and newspaper adverts (seen below)



Away from all this ive also had opportunites to work with some great bands big and small at The Black Market venue, a highlight of which was working with one of my Heros Henry Cluney of Stiff Little Fingers. Working in the studio with Spitulized guitarist Tony 'Doggen' Foster was also a great experiance.

To top it all off my own band (The Brad Dear Band) is also enjoying some recent success with some summer festivals




Its all go from here... But the job always has its moments....

Bodging up a guitar at the side of the stage during a show...



No comments:

Post a Comment