Wednesday 29 May 2013

Dealing with Feedback


Whilst design the FD artwork as part of the negotiated project module I sought feedback from various high profile individual working within the music industry. Although feedback from the band and the band photographer was valuable none of us had ever done anything like this, as a result and feedback and advice I felt would be very useful to the project. I was successful in contacting an editor at R2 magazine, a music magazine that has featured an article and EP review on Ferocious Dog in the past as well as featuring articles about artists such as billy Bragg and Mumford in Sons (2 other artists on the same music circuit as Ferocious Dog). The feedback I got was very useful when it came to understanding the format in which I had to send the artwork off for print. This was also the chance to get some 'fresh eyes' on all of the artwork to pick out any grammar errors that me or the band might not have picked up on.




From this feedback I was able to quickly make notes on exactly what I needed to do in order to fix the end product before it goes off to print. The feedback also contained some personal advice on how to format the booklet, this saved a lot of hours figuring the formula out myself, as a result in getting this email from R2 magazine it shortened the completion time consequently helping the project to move along quickly and efficiently. This experience has taught me that chasing feedback from high profile people working in the industry you are designing for is well worth the time as it can potentially save a lot of money and time as well as helping the product to look as professional as it can possibly be.

No comments:

Post a Comment