Sunday 5 May 2013

Draft designs for Ferocious Dog Album

When tasked with designing the album artwork for Ferocious Dog (front, back, inside, outside) I started by making some very rough designs in Photoshop to try and decide on an artistic style

Afer looking at some Punk album covers by bands such as The Clash and the Ramones I decided to try out some designs with the 'Urban' look that many punk album sleeves have in common, Below are some of the drafts that i came up with 





As you can see I have tried to replicate the 'down and dirty look that many punk artwork has, however I have kept some celtic elements present to bring out alot of the bands folk influence. I will work on each of these design ideas and consult with the band and some of the industry players for feedback so that I can move forward with the production of the album. I must also look at designing the album booklet that will be inside the case.

1 comment:

  1. Wow that is a contrast - Celtic and Punk in the same design, I suppose that they are both fairly anti-establishment . There is room for experiment here.

    ReplyDelete