Tuesday 28 May 2013

Research Research Research!

After toying with ideas for different types of experiments for testing my designs for the research module I settled on this idea:

I wrote down the genres of different music on a piece of paper and asked people to write down one word that comes to mind when they think about that particular genre, it could have been anything from colours, what instruments are usually involved and various stereotypes. Below is a scan of one of the pieces of paper that I had people fill in.


After gathering the results and examining them I began to make to make comparisons between words that people wrote for each genre and make notes for the designs that I will start to make for the album covers and music promotional posters. Qualitative primary research like this is proving very useful when it comes to helping me design the album covers and posters so that the effectively portray the genre they are linked to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment