Thursday 9 May 2013

Heres $30! Now don't let me down

Being a massive 'Garden State' fan when I saw that Zach Braff was after funding for his new project 'Wish I were here' I was intrigued. He's using the website kickstarter.com so that he can gain public funding from fans so that he doesn't have to go to specific investors and thus lose creative freedom... its all better explained in this video...





Braff has received alot of criticism for this move but I say this, If independent films like 'Garden state' continue to be made its keeps me and many other fans satisfied so that we don't have to put up with the shower of shit mainstream cinema that's around today, I mean the 'milking it' twilight saga with 4 films?, constant stream of shite comic book films that have been ruined in an attempt to return them to there former glory?.... just for the cash? cmon where's the more creative concepts...

many big players in the industry are criticising Braff but why? don't they want to see a good bit of cinema? naah just dollar signs by the looks of things

Heres a good interview with Zach Braff talking about the project and kickstarter

http://mashable.com/2013/05/08/zach-braff-interview/


So here is $30 Zach, its all I can afford but I feel like i'm doing my bit to keep independent cinema alive....and lets face it...the more people the slate him for it.... theres an eqaul amount of people that see it and support him... "any publicity is good publicity" 

No comments:

Post a Comment