Wednesday 30 May 2012

Image retouching of furniture

I recently re-touched some photos of antique furniture for a friends furniture restoration/sales company. The aim was to make the often poor quality photos look more professional/visually appealing, as a result making the customer more likely to buy a product. I enhanced the photos in Adobe Photoshop, I added a border and sharpened up the colours. I also reduced the exposure as the was a lot of sunlight blurring the images.

Below are some of the images before I enhanced them.






Below are some of the enhanced images.








Doing this task has shown me that subtle light differences and colour enhancements can amount to big changes in the quality of an image, However subtle images can also greatly decrease the quality of an image.

1 comment: