Monday 14 May 2012

Given a real brief by the Post Office

During my final days at Linneys I was given a brief by the Post Office to improve the looks of a presentation that they had to give about how the business is progressing and becoming more organised. Unfortunately the brief was flaw and could not be easily understood, even by the experienced designers working around me. I was also told not to use animation, this caused alot of problems. I overcame this by adding more slides in the presentation to how things were progressing.

This task showed me just how much my Photoshop skills have improved since i first started using it, before this task i had never done anything that had more than 20 layers in it, this project however had several hundred layers all with different graphics on them. below are the finished slides (all created in Photoshop by 'hiding' different layers within one file to create different configurations to save)





The first slide was to show how organised the current business landscape was, throughout the slides it showed how structured the Post Office were becoming. I had to use the same House style that was used throughout the Post Office assets Linneys created so certain colours and graphics had to be used. The turnover for this task was supposed to be 4 hours, however I managed to finish it in 3hours, which shows how efficient I am becoming at design work. I also never received any amendments to do which shows I achieved what they wanted from the brief.

No comments:

Post a Comment