Wednesday 23 May 2012

Day job just got pretty big

As my day job at the side of university i work as a roadie as well as a tech at a local music venue. Ive worked with hundreds of acts over the years as from local bands to bigger acts such as The Levellers, Tenpole Tudor, Lord Bishop and The Wonderstuff. This weekend I worked with a the band Ferocious dog at the Bearded Theory Festival in Derby. This is the biggest gig ive ever worked at, and definitely the most enjoyable. To be trusted with thousands of pounds worth of equipment and to fix anything that went wrong during the set shows that i must be getting good at what I do. Working at a high profile gig like this has shown me that the pressure really is on as the slightest mistake could make the whole show on a big stage go wrong and to take extra care when setting up instruments and amps.
Below are some pictures from the event, note pictue of me at the side of the stage ready to run on incase anything went wrong (something always doesn't go to plan, no matter how well prepared everything is). The video also sees me run past the camera to fix a cable on the stage floor.





No comments:

Post a Comment