Sunday 27 May 2012

Bedroom Modelled in 3DS Max

After seeing architectural models such as kitchen designs, exhibition stands and buildings I thought I would have a first attempt at modelling a room myself. I have already modelled a chair so used that in the scene. For the room i chose to create the walls in an L shape as it would present more of a challenge than just a square room in terms of modelling it and navigation. I looked at a few pictures of bedrooms to look at layouts and how the furniture looks.

After building each part of the assets (TV, Desk, Bed etc) I began putting the room together. I first modelled the walls to a realistic size using real life units, and then cut openings in them for the windows and doors. When i got the proportions right i started importing the furniture. below are some basic renders of the project so far. It still needs lighting, texturing and some other assets need modelling and importing.




As a first project using multiple models in one scene i think this is a very good first attempt, the models look realistic but would look a lot better once textures are added. Whist progressing through this project I have become much more efficient at modelling in 3DS Max as well as more efficient at navigation around a 3D space. I have improved greatly at the use of 3DS Max as it took me the same time to model this whole seen as it did to create one small model when i first started. Of course much improvement it needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment