Tuesday 12 November 2013

Targeting an audience

When researching what sort if styles of graphic design has already been used to target 16 to 24 years olds (target audience set by brief) i started to look at promotional material that is currently around as well as work i have done to target similar audiences in the past.

I first found some old work I worked with when working at Detonate, a Drum n Bass and Dubstep night club night promoter based in Nottingham.

I looked at the examples below




After my time after working at detonate working on events that often involved music such as rock, blues, folk and punk it was refreshing looking back at old work where i was working with designs that were aimed at a much younger audience. I realised that these designs often involved much less intricate designs and focused on the use of block colour and simple shapes twinned with a much more contemporary fonts. In order to create a 'Nottingham Loves Live Music' poster that targets the desired audience I must go back to basics and try to forget my current thought process that I use when designing for a punk or folk audience and adopt a different method of design.

 I will sketch some ideas to see what I can make work....

No comments:

Post a Comment