Friday 8 November 2013

Research project and first steps

Away from my university project work I am also undertaking projects of my own. I am still working for Ferocious Dog as a instrument technician as well as acting as the designer for there promotional material and merchandise. Also I am working on my own business ventures as a music promoter.

As these are some major projects I am working on away from university I have decided to undertake a research project that brings my work tasks into my university work. By making the project more personal it has made it much easier to understand and as a result more rewarding.

My research topic:

How has the introduction of the internet affected the deployment of print based media within the music industry?

I basically want to find out what is the best way to promote a live music event, where it be print based e.g. posters and flyers or by the use of social media. or what would be the best way to combine print media and internet based media to greater increase the public awareness of the event.

For one of my artefacts I am putting on a live music event and will promote it using different methods and eventually see which one works best when it comes to the night of the event by the use of a survey and general observations. The event is currently costing me around £1300 so it is my own interest to undertake this project in a professional and effective way.

I first made a run of flyers to hand out at shows around Nottinghamshire as well as announcing the event on social media sites. I will continue do this until Christmas. a more aggressive campaign will then start as we get closer to the event.

below is a copy of the flyer:


No comments:

Post a Comment